The Swim School operates under a strict set of terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms then I am afraid we will be unable to accommodate you at our club.
Code of Conduct
Parents are expected to:
- Complete and return the Medical Information Form and detail any health conditions / concerns relevant to you and your child. Any changes in the state of your child’s health should be reported to the teacher prior to sessions. Medicines are not allowed to be administered by Swim School staff- only parents.
- Ensure the school has up to date contact details for you and an alternative person.
-Ensure your child attends regularly. Also, please deliver and collect your child punctually to and from lessons. Children more than 10 minutes late may not be permitted to join the class.
-Understand that lesson times may need to be changed on a termly basis to provide appropriate levels of training and enable your child to progress and should be facilitated and encouraged at all times.
-Ensure your child is properly and adequately attired for lessons. All children aged 3+ must wear the uniformed Swim School swimming hats throughout the duration of the session. Boys are not permitted to wear board shorts and girls are not permitted to wear bikinis.
-Behave responsibly as a spectator ensuring viewing and changing areas are kept tidy.
-Ensure you do not use inappropriate language within the school environment.
-Try to avoid entering poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency. Please let a member of staff know if you wish to speak to them as this may need to be done outside teaching hours.
-Be sure to follow specific pool rules (outlined via email) so we do not invalidate our hire agreements.
-Encourage children to obey the rules set by their teacher and always try their best.
- Note that The Swim School has a zero-tolerance approach to bullying. Every single member of the school must treat all other members with respect; this applies to staff, students and parents alike.
- Please raise any concerns immediately and directly with the senior management team.
The club will undertake to:
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised / taught / coached and consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
Terms & Conditions
- I agree to follow the above code of conduct at all times whilst attending The Swim School.
- I understand that The Swim School are not permitted to have the children in lessons without a responsible adult present. As such I agree to be present in the designated viewing area or changing rooms throughout my child's lesson and understand that The Swim School are not responsible for my child once they have left the poolside.
- I agree to my child wearing goggles during their lesson and give my permission for them to be adjusted by The Swim School staff if necessary. I also understand that The Swim School staff are not responsible for any injury caused by the use of goggles.
- I understand that fees are due by Week Two of a new course. Payments made after this date, without prior arrangement, will be subject to a £5.00 late payment fee.
-I understand that refunds cannot be made for missed lessons under any circumstances.
Please note: Parents are expected to read and sign an agreement to these terms & conditions as part of your booking pack.